Guwahati Airport / Rly station – Bhalukpong (255 Kms / 6 hrs.)
Meet and greet on arrival at Guwahati Airport / Railway Station and transfer to Bhalukpong. On arrival check in to the hotel. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight stay at Bhalukpong.
Bhalukpong – Dirang
After early breakfast drive to Dirang. On the way visit Tipi Orchidarium situated on the banks of the river Bharali, a place over 500 orchids, on display there are some rare species of orchid. Arunachal has largest range of orchids in the country then take a break to visit Nag Temple. Continue your drive and do not forget to keep your cameras handy as you cross beautiful waterfalls and get some spectacular views. On arrival check in to the hotel. Afternoon visit Apple orchard & Kiwi Farm (depending upon season), Dirang Monastery and Kalachakra Monastery. Dirang is also famous for hot water springs where people take bath to cure skin ailments. Overnight stay at Dirang Note: Every Indian tourist visiting Arunachal Pradesh has to obtain ILP (Inner Line Permit) at Bhalukpong border before entering the state against submission of photo identity card and two copies of passport size photographs.
After breakfast, set in to explore Dirang. Visit Dirang Monpa tribal villages, experience the locale flavour - head out on village walks and interact with local villagers to enhance your experience. Then proceed to Sangti Valley, situated along the shores of Sangti river, 25 km from Bomdila. The Sangti Valley is one of the seasonal homes of the majestic creature called the black-necked crane that flies across from China and perhaps Leh. Later visit the The National Research Centre on Yak is located above the main town. The centre also has a yak firm at Nyukmandung about 31 km from Dirang. You can also visit Apple orchard & Kiwi Farm (depending upon season), Li-ung Gonpa and Kalachakra Monastery right into its laps. Dirang is also famous for hot water springs where people take bath to cure skin ailments. Overnight stay at Dirang.
Dirang – Tawang (130 kms / 7 hrs.)
After early breakfast proceed to Tawang the Land of Hidden Paradise. On the way enjoy the beauty of Sela Pass (13700 Ft) a border line between two districts i.e Tawang & West KamengTawang, Sela Lake a small lake, which remains frozen for most of the year. Further drive to 10 kms visit Jaswantgarh War Memorial - a memorial to the brave soldier who single handily tried to hold of approaching Chinese from the pass during the 1962 Indo-Chinese war. Later visit majesty of Nuranng Falls where scenes from the SRK-Madhuri Dixit starrer “Koyla” were shot. Arrive & check in to the hotel. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight stay at Tawang.
Tawang Local Sightseeing
After breakfast visit Tawang Monstery world famous seventeenth century Tawang Monastery, also known as Galden Namgyal Lhatse which overlooks the wide Tawang Valley at a height of 10,000 ft. The monastery is a vast complex of 65 buildings housing Lamas and antique scriptures written in gold letters and ancient scripture, images and has an eight meters high gilded Buddha statue. It is the largest monastery in the Himalayan region and the second oldest monastery in Asia. Five hundred lamas live in its residential buildings and it is rich in. Later visit Urgeling Gompa, 6th Dalai Lama’s birth place who is the only Indian to have risen to such a high position in Gelupka Sect of Buddhism so far. Inside the monastery there are several Stupas (Vihar) and people from all walks of life visit this place during Buddhist new year to get the blessing for the coming year. Then proceed to the War Memorial which is dedicated to the martyrs of the 1962 Sino-Indian war. The memorial is 40-foot-high and like a stupa in design. It is locally called ‘Namgyal Chortan’. The names of 2420 martyrs imprinted in gold on 32 black granite plagues. You can also visit the craft center in Tawang sells beautiful masks, hand woven carpets, jewellery in silver, coral and amber, ‘chubas’ the local dressand delightful affordable mementos. Evening at leisure. Overnight stay at Tawang.
Tawang Local Sightseeing - High altitude lakes and Bumla Pass
Today morning after early breakfast, you will drive to visit high altitude lake called as Shonga-tser Lake, popularly known as Madhuri Lake located 35, kms away from Tawang near the China Border. The drive to Sangestser Lake is full of thrill and one can still see the war bankers that had been used during the Chinese aggression in 1962. Nestled amidst the pristine mountains and picturesque surrounding, It was formed in the aftermath of the 1950 earthquake. Prior to the earthquake, this piece of land used to be employed as the grazing ground for the cattle. The evidence of it can be seen in the protruding trunks of the dead trees from the middle of the lake. The lake has been under supervision of Army men, who have also arranged for a cafeteria nearby. Tourists can relish on the delicious Momos, Maggis topped with a cup of tasty coffee or tea. Tourists can also take to trekking around the lake while enjoying the gentle lashes of the pleasant breeze around. You can drive further to Bumla Pass which is located about 37 km away from Tawang at the Indo-China border over 15,200 ft above sea level. During return take a photo stop at the beautiful PTSO lake enroute (17 kms away from Tawang, Pangong Tang Tso Lake popularly known as PT Tso which is an extremely scenic drive with bird’s eye view of the township below). Later in the afternoon drive back to hotel. Rest of the evening at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
TAWANG – BOMDILA
After breakfast transfer to Bomdila (8,200 ft.) - the headquarter of West Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh and also known for its Buddhist monasteries. It has a lot of attractions for the visitors for its cool climate. On arrival check in to the hotel. Later visit Gontse Rabgyaling Monastery (Upper Gonpa), Thub-Chog Gatsel Ling Monastery (Lower Gonpa). Bomdila offers wonderfully panoramic view of Himalayan landscapes and snow-clad ranges. Evening you can visit the local market. Overnight stay at Bomdila.
BOMDILA – KAZIRANGA
After breakfast transfer to Kaziranga. On arrival check in the hotel. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Early morning explore any one zone of Kaziranga National Park on back of Elephant. Apart from the Rhino, other species found are Hog Deer, Swamp Deer, Wild Buffalo, Elephants and if you are lucky then tiger also. It is also home to pelicans, storks and darters as there are a number of water bodies inside the Park. Return to the resort for breakfast. In the afternoon enjoy jeep safari through the National Park. Return to the hotel. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
KAZIRANGA – GUWAHATI
After breakfast drive to Guwahati. Arrive and check in at your hotel. Evening visit 'Kalakshetra', a place where Assamese history and culture. Return to hotel. Overnight stay at Guwahati.
Guwahati Local Sightseeing
After breakfast out to visit Kamakhya Temple, Tirupati Balaji Temple, Nabagraha Temple, Assam State Museum, State Zoo cum Botanical Garden, Regional Science Centre and Sukreswar Temple (The 6th Jyotirlinga of Shiva). Afternoon we suggest an optional tour of Golden sunset cruise on the Brahmaputra (Direct Payment by own). Overnight stay at Guwahati.
After breakfast, proceed to Guwahati airport/ station.
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis with breakfast.
- Transfer & sightseeing by AC Similar.
- Bumla Pass & Madhuri lake
- Transportation on point to point basis, not disposal basis
- GST applicable
- Air Fare / Train fare
- Guide charges, Entry Fees , Boat ride & Camera Charges if any
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, Porterage
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like cyclone, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc. (to be borne by the client and directly payable on the spot)
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, should be is directly payable on the spot)
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion
- Anything which is not mentioned under “INCLUDES” header
- Expense of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax etc. Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any Visa fees, insurance fees, etc.
- Any tips to hotel staff, local guides, drivers etc.
- Any meals apart from the ones mentioned in the itinerary.
- In case any sightseeing is not done due to weekly closure, an alternative sightseeing will be done for the same’.
- Please note that all rooms are based on standard category
- All accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and the ‘next best’ alternative will be provided if your first choice is not available. Supplements may apply if the level required is not available
- We reserve the right to amend/increase the cost should there be an increase in fares, taxes, fuel surcharges, security taxes or any other unforeseen circumstances
- Tour cost is not valid during Christmas and New Year period.
- Due to the Covid 19 pandemic travel conditions are dynamic. Some places of sightseeing may not be open to tourists. The itinerary is indicative and my change as per the situation.
Terms & Conditions :
- There must be minimum 2 adults traveling together at all times
- Early check-in & late checkout would be subject to availability
- For guaranteed early check in / late check out, additional 1-night cost will be applicable
- Rates are subject to change based on availability and date of travel
- Hotel rates are not valid during trade fairs, exhibitions & special events. A surcharge will be levied
- Super peak period / Conference/ Holiday season surcharges would apply
- The tour cost is valid for Indian passport holders only
- For detailed Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy, please click on www.mangoholidays.in/terms-and-conditions/