Arrival at Reykjavik
Arrival at Reykjavik. Airport transfer. Hotel check in. Overnight in Reykjavik.
Golden circle tour & Lava Tunnel tour.
See Iceland above and underground. Begin the day with witnessing the inner workings of a volcanic eruption while we walk in the path of a lava that flowed thousands of years ago. The lava tunnel is one of the biggest in Iceland and gets up to 30 metres wide and 10 metres high. The lava tube ceiling has caved in near the entrance, which creates beautiful columns of light. The fantastic range of colours of the tunnel wall is caused by the different mineral types of the rock. The next tour takes you to three of Iceland’s most stunning sights; Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir geothermal area and Þingvellir National Park. The Geysir geothermal area boasts spouting springs, including Strokkur, the most active geyser in Iceland. All geysers in the world get their name from the now mostly dormant Geysir hot spring, from which the area also gets its name. At Gullfoss you are given the opportunity to stand next to the amazing waterfall, watching enormous quantities of water tumble violently into a deep, meandering gorge. Overnight in Reykjavik.
South Iceland adventure.
Among the stops on this tour are the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls. Seljalandsfoss is part of the Seljalandsá river, which has its origins in Eyjafjallajökull glacier. What makes Seljalandsfoss so famous and interesting is that you can walk behind it. We recommend you bring either a raincoat or a waterproof coat along if you want to stroll behind it which we of course highly recommend. Skógafoss, another famous Icelandic waterfall, is the starting point of the Fimmvörðuháls walk over to Þórsmörk. We will also stop at Reynisfjara black sand beach, with the Reynisdrangar rock formations and columnar basalt. Additionally, we stop by Sólheimajökull glacier and walk up to a small lake that has formed in front of the retreating glacier. Overnight in Reykjavik.
Wonders of Snæfellsnes National Park.
The Snæfellsnes peninsula in the West of Iceland is almost like a miniature version of the entire island. The area has beautiful samples of some of the natural wonders Iceland is so famous for. This includes black beaches, magnificent mountains, volcanic craters, incredible birdlife, magical caves, and of course, the most picturesque glacier of them all, Snæfellsjökull. This tour stops at the small fishing village of Arnarstapi and provides real insight into quintessential volcanic craters. Along the way you’ll get great views of the iconic Kirkjufell mountain and the dark cliffs and black sand of Djúpalónssandur bay are a favourite among photographers. In the middle of this beautiful peninsula sits Snæfellsjökull, the stunning glacier that has captured the imagination of people all over the world. Overnight in Reykjavik.
Reykjavik to Akureyri.
In the morning, take SIC tour including visit to Harpa Concert Hall Conference Centre, Reykjavik Old Harbour, Reykjavík Maritime Museum, Hallgrímskirkja Church and others highlights! Later take flight to Akureyri. Airport transfers, hotel check in. Overnight in Akureyri.
Diamond Circle tour.
Discover the Natural Wonders of Diamond Circle, Lake Myvatn, Amazing Dettifoss Waterfall. This tour uncovers the natural beauty of the utterly unique landscape of Northern Iceland. We drive along Eyjafjordur, the longest fjord in Iceland on the way to Godafoss, the famous 'Waterfall of the Gods'. As we travel through the diverse glacial and volcanic geothermal areas we visit top attractions including the amazing Dettifoss waterfall in Vatnajokull National Park and an opportunity to enjoy the GeoSea Geothermal baths. Overnight in Akureyri.
Whale watching tour.
Today is your chance to see the incredible Eyjafjord Humpbacks in their natural habitat. The warmth of the summer sun brings vibrant life and plentitude of food to the fjord and following it, in a feeding frenzy, come the larger-than-life Humpbacks. Our specially trained whale watching guides are experts at spotting them and telling you all about their behaviour, any question you have, we promise you an answer. Overnight in Akureyri.
Departure from Akureyri. Hotel check out. Airport transfer.
- 7 nights in 4 star hotel at Reykjavik with breakfast
- Activities as mentioned in program with transfers, except for whale watching Akureyri which is at the walking distance from hotel.
- Airport transfers
- Guided sightseeing SIC in small groups
- Activities: Whale watching tour & lava tunnel tour
- Visa Fees
- Meals not specified / Optional / Tips
- Travel insurance
- Service of a Tour Manager
- Airport and hotel porterage
- Any expense of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry bills, tips etc.
- Peak season /weekend surcharge if applicable
- Local departure Taxes if any
- City Tax
- Anything not mentioned in the outlined itinerary
- Taxes as applicable
- Drinks during meals
- Tip to the guides and drivers
- Any RT PCR or similar test required by Government authorities
Booking Instructions :
- Payments can be made by Cheque, Demand Draft, NEFT, RTGS or IMPS
- Cheque/Demand Draft should be in favour of "Mango Holidays India Pvt Ltd"
- In case any sightseeing is not done due to weekly closure, an alternative sightseeing will be done for the same’.
- Standard Check-in and check-out time of International hotels is usually 1500hrs and 1200hrs respectively
- Please note that all rooms are based on standard category
- All accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and the ‘next best’ alternative will be provided if your first choice is not available. Supplements may apply if the level required is not available
- We reserve the right to amend/increase the cost should there be an increase in fares, taxes, fuel surcharges, security taxes or any other unforeseen circumstances
Terms & Conditions :
- There must be minimum 2 adults traveling together at all times
- Early check-in & late checkout would be subject to availability
- For guaranteed early check in / late check out, additional 1-night cost will be applicable
- Rates are subject to change based on availability and date of travel
- Hotel rates are not valid during trade fairs, exhibitions & special events. A surcharge will be levied
- Super peak period / Conference/ Holiday season surcharges would apply
- The tour cost is valid for Indian passport holders only
- For detailed Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy, please click on www.mangoholidays.in/terms-and-conditions/