ARRIVE IN COLOMBO
Arrive in Colombo. Visit two UNESCO world heritage sites, Lions Rock Sigiriya and the Golden Temple of Dambulla. Known as the 8th wonder of the world the lion rock was developed by King Kashyapa as his capital/palace. It was a very formidable fortress until his downfall in a battle with his brother. Another world heritage site to visit is Golden Temple of Dambulla, the best-preserved cave temple in the country. Later of the day embark on a village visit to experience the rural living in the country.
Anuradhapura ancient city is another UNESCO world heritage site. Running back to 500 BC king Pandukabhaya formally planned the city. Strongly influenced by the Buddhism the city is home to the great Stupas build buy different kings over the years. The architectural remains can still be seen and gives a glimpse of what had been the country at that time. Day excursion to this magnificent place from the hotel in Sigiriya and come back the same day.
Leave for Kandy visiting Pinnawela elephant orphanage en-route. Kandy is the cultural capital of Sri Lanka and home to the temple of the tooth, the most sacred Buddhist temple of the country. Visit spice garden and the gem museum to experience the best of Sri Lanka's well-known exports. Visit Kandy city centre and lake during the city tour and Royal botanical garden in the second half of the day. end the day attending the cultural show where traditional Kandyan dancers perform their centuries-old dancing routines.
Heads off to the legendary tea country Nuwara Eliya in central highlands. Known as little England mainly due to its cool and refreshing climate, Nuwara Eliya was the preferred holiday destination for the British civil servants and planters during the colonial time. Experience tea museum and learn the process of making famous Ceylon tea. Stroll down the banks of the Lake Gregory and visit Strawberry farms and Hakkgala Garden. With many waterfalls with natural beauty to enjoy. Seetha Amman Temple would be one place you might be interested in visiting.
Bentota is the most popular resort town in Sri Lanka and fast becoming the water sports capital of the country. Very popular among the visitors looking for nice beaches and some adventure in the water sport. Discover Madu Ganga estuary on a riverboat safari and experience the wildlife in the complex ecosystem. Turtle hatcheries are one other attraction where turtle conservation programmes are conducted by different institutes and individuals. In the evening relax in the beach resort witnessing the sundown over the horizon.
Visit Galle, one of the most popular coastal towns of the country, along on a beautiful coastal road. Catch the essence of the influence of colonial past of Sri Lanka. Another world heritage site Galle has the best-preserved Dutch port of the south Asia. Visit sea museum and one of the best beaches in the world, Unawatuna. Day excursion from your hotel in Bentota and come back to the same hotel.
Colombo is the commercial capital and the largest city of Sri Lanka. A vibrant city recently has gone for an amazing transformation becoming one of the must-visit places in South Asia if not in the world. Our driver/guide will help you to discover Colombo and its charm during the city tour. With plenty of interesting attractions to visit and a wide range of dining and shopping options, Colombo will be an unforgettable experience of your travel.
Final day of the tour as all the good things are going to end. You will be dropped off at the airport to catch the flight home
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis with breakfast
- Transportation in an A/c vehicle.
- Service of English-speaking chauffeur guide
- Sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Free local SIM card on arrival. (01 SIM card for each room)
- Discount shopping vouchers from ODEL.
- Entrance fees
- Visa Fees
- Return Airfare
- Internal flight fare
- Meals not specified / Optional / Tips
- Travel insurance
- Service of a Tour Manager
- Airport and hotel porterage
- Any expense of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry bills, tips etc.
- Peak season /weekend surcharge if applicable
- Local departure Taxes if any
- City Tax
- Anything not mentioned in the outlined itinerary
- GST as applicable
Booking Instructions :
- Payments can be made by Cheque, Demand Draft, NEFT, RTGS or IMPS.
- Cheque/Demand Draft should be in favour of "Mango Holidays India Pvt Ltd"
- In case any sightseeing is not done due to weekly closure, an alternative sightseeing will be done for the same’.
- Standard Check-in and check-out time of International hotels is usually 1500hrs and 1200hrs respectively
- Please note that all rooms are based on standard category
- All accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and the ‘next best’ alternative will be provided if your first choice is not available. Supplements may apply if the level required is not available
- We reserve the right to amend/increase the cost should there be an increase in fares, taxes, fuel surcharges, security taxes or any other unforeseen circumstances
Terms & Conditions :
- There must be minimum 2 adults traveling together at all times
- Early check-in & late checkout would be subject to availability
- For guaranteed early check in / late check out, additional 1-night cost will be applicable
- Rates are subject to change based on availability and date of travel
- Hotel rates are not valid during trade fairs, exhibitions & special events. A surcharge will be levied]
- Super peak period / Conference/ Holiday season surcharges would apply
- The tour cost is valid for Indian passport holders only
- For detailed Terms & Conditions, Cancellation Policy please click on www.mangoholidays.in/terms-and-conditions/