ARRIVAL AT PARO – TRANSFER TO THIMPHU (7656 FT / 55 KMS / 1.5 HRS)
On arrival, guests will be received at the airport by our representative who will be your tour guide and companion for the whole duration of your tour in Bhutan. Later you will visit Kuensel Phodrang or the Buddha point - the world?s largest sitting Buddha statue. Then visit Motithang Takin Preserve also known as the Thimphu Zoo. Later in the evening you can visit Tashichho Dzong- a Buddhist monastery and fortress. Overnight stay at Thimphu.
THIMPHU (CITY TOUR)
After breakfast visit Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Statue) a place for refreshing with a huge statue of Buddha on the top of the Kuensel Phodrang, National Memorial Chorten (Monument) & Folk Heritage Museum. Afternoon visit Sangaygang View Point, Changangkha Monastery, Takin Preserve Centre, the national animal of Bhutan can be seen here. In the evening visit Tashichho Dzong (Fortress of the Glorious Religion). Overnight stay at Thimphu.
THIMPHU - PUNAKHA (3937 FT / 90 KMS / 03 HRS) CITY TOUR
Post breakfast, drive toward Punakha, stop at Dochula Pass (3,100 m), where on a sunny day, you can get stunning views of the Himalayan ranges. Continue drive towards Punakha and stop at Lobesa village and have lunch before going for a short hike to Chimi Lhakhang (Temple of Fertility), it is dedicated to Lam Drukpa Kuenley (Divine Mad Man). Then drive to Punakha Dzong - the second largest and the second oldest Dzong in Bhutan. Overnight stay at Punakha.
PUNAKHA- BUMTHANG (212 KMS / 08 HRS)
After breakfast check out from hotel and drive to Trongsa across Pele-La-Pass (11.120 ft.) traditional boundary between east & west Bhutan, There is an adrupt change in vegetation, with mountain forest replaced by high altitude dwarf bamboo. Stop Enroute Chendbji Chorten - built in the style of the great Bodhanath Choten of Nepal. Further ahead visit Trongsa Dzong – It was the seat of power over central & eastern Bhutan and Ta Dzong - An ancient watch tower. The chapel inside is said to be dedicated to the Trongsa Penlop Jigme Namgyal. Then drive further to Bumthang over the Yutong-La-Pass (11,155 ft.). While in Chumey valley in Bumthang, visit the Yathra Weaving Factory - It is the most famous textile product of Bumthang. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at Bumthang. * Please note that the road condition after Punakha/Wangdue is poor due to road widening work going on. Travel time may be more than the standard time mentioned above.
After breakfast, 1st half visit Jakar Dzong: Literally meaning the Castle of White Bird. The current structure was built in 1667. Lamey Goemba: A large palace and monastery built in 18th century by Dasho Phuntsho Wangdi Jambay Lhakhang: built by King Srongsen Gampo of Tibet. In October one of the most spectacular festival, “Jambay Lhakhang Drup” is staged here. Chakhar Lhakhang: Literally meaning the Iron Castle, the original palace was made of Iron and hence the name “Chakhar”. Kurjey Lhakhang: Named after body print of Guru Rimpoche. Afternoon 2nd half Visit Tamshing Lhakhang: Literally meaning the Temple of the good message, established in 1501 by Pema Lingpa. Membarstho: Literally meaning, “The burning Lake”. The evening ends visit a local handloom weaving house and Interact with the weavers. Overnight stay at Bumthang.
BUMTHANG - PUNAKHA (212 KMS / 08 HRS)
After breakfast drive to Punakha. Reach Punakha by late afternoon. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at Punakha/Wangdue.
PUNAKHA - PARO (7200 FT / 130 KMS / 04 HRS) CITY TOUR
drive to Paro, on the way visit Tamchog Lhakhang. The temple's location on the ridge and the high rocky barren hills which serve as its backdrop makes this a good location to take pictures. Then visit Ta Dzong (National Museum). Overnight stay at Paro.
PARO – (TIGER'S NEST HIKE)
Today you drive up to the base of Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest). The most famous and sacred site among all the places in Bhutan. Guru Padmasambhava is said to have come riding on a flying tigress to this place and meditated in a cave for 3 months. The walk is about 2 hours till the top through wide pathways which was built during the restoration works. One hour into the climb there is a tea point from where you get a very good view of the monastery, they also serve lunch here. From there it’s about another 45 minutes climb to the 2nd view point and the highest point in the hike. Kyichu Lhakhang: Considered the oldest temple along with Jampa and Kenchosum Lhakhang in Bumthang, it dates back to the 7th century when a Tibetan King ordered 108 temples to be built in a single night. Overnight stay at Paro.
PARO – (CHALELA PASS )
Have early breakfast and drive up to Chalela Pass for a Day excursion, evening free for self activity. Overnight stay at Paro.
DEPART PARO - PARO (PBH) AIRPORT (10 KMS / 30 MINUTES)
After breakfast departure transfer to Paro (PBH) Airport for your onwards journeys.
- Accommodation on Double/Twin Room sharing basis on specified Hotel
- Daily breakfast
- All transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary
- Driver allowance, Toll, Tax, Permit & all parking charges
- Taxes as applicable
- Train or Flights journey cost
- Any expense of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry bills, tips etc.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone bills, bar bills, tips & gratuity, bottled water and cost for other activities such as rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, porterage, etc.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance Fees for museums and monuments
- Guide, Entrance fees, Meals – Lunch
- Peak season /weekend surcharge if applicable
- Any kind of water sports
- Rates are not valid during events & conventions,Christmas & New Year period – surcharges applicable
- Anything not specifically mentioned in above inclusions
- Travel Insurance
- INR 1200 SDF (Sustainable Development Fee) per person per night basis to be paid for e-permit.
- Arrival and Departure PCR – COVID test if required by the airline or Government bodies
Booking Instructions :
- Payments can be made by Cheque, Demand Draft, NEFT, RTGS or IMPS.
- Cheque/Demand Draft should be in favour of "Mango Holidays India Pvt Ltd"
- Tax Collection at Source (TCS) at the rate of 5% (10% if PAN not furnished) will be levied under section 206C(1G)(b) of the Income Tax Act on outbound tour services. The TCS collected will be reflected in the 26AS of the passenger in whose name invoice is raised (Lead passenger) for claiming Income Tax credit, irrespective of the person from whom payment is received. Hence the name of the person on the invoice should be confirmed at the time of booking the tour package.
- In the event of cancellation of services and refund of amount, Tax collected at source under section 206C(1G)(b) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 shall not be refunded. The non-refunded TCS will be reflected in the 26AS of the passenger in whose name invoice is raised for claiming Income Tax credit.
- Taxes as applicable
Visa Instructions :
- Identification Required for Bhutan Travel by Air & Land: Valid Passport or Election ID Card (Voters Card) issued by Election Commission of India.
- In case any sightseeing is not done due to weekly closure, an alternative sightseeing will be done for the same’.
- Standard Check-in and check-out time of International hotels is usually 1500hrs and 1200hrs respectively
- Please note that all rooms are based on standard category
- All accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking and the ‘next best’ alternative will be provided if your first choice is not available. Supplements may apply if the level required is not available
- We reserve the right to amend/increase the cost should there be an increase in fares, taxes, fuel surcharges, security taxes or any other unforeseen circumstances
Terms & Conditions :
- There must be minimum 2 adults traveling together at all times
- Early check-in & late checkout would be subject to availability
- For guaranteed early check in / late check out, additional 1-night cost will be applicable
- Rates are subject to change based on availability and date of travel
- Hotel rates are not valid during trade fairs, exhibitions & special events. A surcharge will be levied
- Super peak period / Conference/ Holiday season surcharges would apply
- The tour cost is valid for Indian passport holders only
- For detailed Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy, please click on www.mangoholidays.in/terms-and-conditions/